How it works
Use the certifications management add-on to:
- Keep track of whether a contractor’s qualifications, certifications, and accreditations are current
- Comply with workplace regulations
- Monitor whether a contractor is permitted to carry out a task while on-site
Once you've enabled the add-on, you can:
- Add certifications
- Add a certification to a contractor profile
- Set up expiry notifications
- Report on certifications
Enable the add-on
Certifications management is an add-on that the Account Owner must activate. Once enabled, certifications for both employees and contractors can be added.
To activate the add-on:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the menu on the left.
- Click Yes next to the Certifications Management add-on.
- Click Save.
Assign the Certifications Manager user role
The Certifications Manager user role is responsible for creating your organization's certifications list. It can be assigned to multiple people in your organization.
Only an Administrator can assign an employee this role:
- Go to Tools > User Roles.
- Find the person you wish to assign the role to.
- Click Manage Roles next to the user’s name.
- Scroll down and select the checkbox next to Certifications Manager.
- Click Assign Roles.
The next time this user logs in to OnLocation, they can access Certifications Manager from the Tools menu.