Record certifications in your contractor profiles using the certifications manager add-on. Once the add-on has been enabled, an employee with the Certifications Manager user role can manage your organization’s certification list.
How it works
Use the certifications management add-on to:
- Keep track of whether a contractor’s qualifications, certifications, and accreditations are current and verified
- Store documents linked to the certification in the contractor's profile
- Comply with workplace regulations
- Monitor whether a contractor is permitted to carry out a task while on-site
There are two permission levels with the Certification Manager user role:
- Global - users can add, update, and remove any certification. They view all certifications in the certifications report and verify certifications if this role is selected in the certification.
- Limited - users can access certifications for a specific location or certification type. They can add, update, and remove any certification that meets these criteria, and view these certifications in the reporting. They can verify certifications if this role is selected in a specific certification.
Certifications are also available for employees.
Enable the add-on
Certifications management is an add-on that the Account Owner must activate. Once enabled, certifications for both employees and contractors can be added.
To activate the add-on:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the menu on the left.
- Click Yes next to the Certifications Management add-on.
- Click Save.
Assign the Certifications Manager user role
The Certifications Manager user role is responsible for creating your organization's certifications list. It can be assigned to multiple people in your organization.
Only an Administrator can assign an employee this role:
- Go to Tools > User Roles.
- Find the person you wish to assign the role to.
- Click Manage Roles next to the user’s name.
- Scroll down and select Certifications Manager.
- Choose the permission level: Global Certifications Manager or Limited, then select the relevant locations and certification types.
- Click Assign Roles.
Once you've enabled the add-on and have the required user role, you can:
- Add certifications
- Set up expiry notifications
- Add a certification to a contractor profile (if you have the Contractor Manager role)
- Report on certifications