About workspace selection
With the Desks and Spaces add-on, employees can book a workspace using a kiosk, with Sign In/Out Manager, or on OnLocation Mobile. This is activated by turning on the workspace selection question in Sign In/Out Questions.
The process depends on how they're making the booking:
- If employees are signing in, they choose a zone, then select a workspace. They can view the floor plan to see where the space is located and tap the image to zoom in.
- If they have scanned the QR code on a workspace label, they can view the space's availability in OnLocation Mobile and book the room if it's free.
Non-scheduled, ad-hoc bookings are for the remainder of the calendar day or until a pre-existing booking starts. If an employee no longer needs the space, they can leave it in OnLocation Mobile while remaining signed in or release it while signing out.
Book a workspace
Sign in/out kiosk
To sign in and select a workspace on a kiosk:
- Enter your name.
- Choose the zone you'd like to work in.
- Select a workspace. Tap the floorplan if you need to zoom in to check the space number.
- Complete any basic or custom questions.
- Check the sign-in summary, then tap Proceed to finish.
When they sign out, the employee will be asked if they would like to keep their workspace booking(s):
Sign In/Out Manager
Only employees with the Sign In/Out Manager user role have access to this feature.
To sign in an employee and select a workspace for them:
- Go to Tools > Sign In/Out Manager.
- Click Sign Out.
- Select the location and access point.
- Select the Employees tab.
If scheduling is enabled, you'll see several tabs displaying when employees have booked to be on-site.
If you're only using the Desk and Spaces add-on, you'll see a single list of all employees without the Scheduled For and Space columns.
- Click Sign In next to an employee’s name.
- Select the zone and workspace, then click Next.
- Answer any basic or custom questions, then click Sign In.
On sign-out, you'll be asked if you want to keep the workspace for the remainder of your booking.
Signing in on OnLocation Mobile
To book a workspace while signing in manually on OnLocation Mobile:
- Tap Sign In.
- Choose the zone you want to work in, then tap Confirm.
- Choose an available workspace, then tap Confirm.
- Answer any additional basic and custom questions.
- Check your sign-in summary. You can edit the zone and workspace selection if required.
When you sign out of the location, you can opt to keep your booking by tapping Keep my workspaces.
Scan a workspace label with OnLocation Mobile
Before you start, check your phone settings to ensure that OnLocation Mobile has permission to access your camera. You won't be able to scan a QR code to book a workspace if this is not enabled.
To book a workspace as an employee who has already signed in:
- Tap the menu icon, then tap Scan Workspace.
- Scan the QR code on the workspace label, then check the list of bookings. If it is available, tap Book Now.
If the space is unavailable, tap the camera icon to scan another workspace label.
- If you've made a booking, tap OK to see your sign-in summary.
- If you need to end your workspace booking before signing out, tap Manage next to workspaces, then tap Leave.