Learn how to create an online induction course from an existing PowerPoint presentation. You need the Global Induction Manager user role to create induction courses.
If you have an existing PowerPoint presentation for inductions, you can convert it into an eLearning induction course using the Induction Builder tool.
Creating your induction course from a PowerPoint presentation may result in the course not being mobile responsive. For the best results, please use the induction builder to create your induction course.
Before you start
Before you can add content to your induction course, you first need to create an eLearning Course.
Step 1: Extract slides from a PowerPoint file
To extract the slides:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Go to File > Save As.
- Change the file type to .jpg
- Click Save.
- Click All Slides to save all of your slides.
- Click OK.
Your slides will be saved as individual .jpg files ready to import to your eLearning induction course.
Step 2: Insert slides into the induction course
Once your course has been created and you're ready to begin importing your slides, click on the blue Course button next to your induction course to start.
- Go to Tools > Induction Management.
- Find the induction course you created earlier, click Course.
- Remove the existing text box using the orange X button, then click OK.
- Insert the single large image content block into the course page by clicking and dragging it onto the page.
- Click the camera icon to change the image, then select the file from your computer. Click Open.
The image will be in the correct dimensions to ensure it is viewable on all devices however, you can change this in the dimensions settings when the image is first imported.
- Click OK.
- Use the options at the bottom of the screen to save, add a new page, add questions, etc.
- When you have added all of the content to your induction course, click Close.
Next step: You can now start sending your eLearning course to learners.