AirPrint is Apple’s modern wireless technology that enables iOS devices (like the iPhone and iPad) to beam documents directly to a wireless printer. The Dymo 450 and TEMPbadge BP4 printers are not AirPrint compatible. So, instead of the iPad communicating directly with the printer, it goes through the computer first. To print directly from the iPad, please view Printing Setup on an iPad | Brother QL-720NW.
There are five pre-requisites you need to have completed before proceeding -
- You have created a Badge Pass Template. If you have not done so already, please view our Setting up Badge Pass Templates article before proceeding.
- You have installed your printer onto your Receptionist’s PC. If you have not done so already, please view our Getting Started with Printing guide and install your printer.
- Your Receptionist has their username and password to your WhosOnLocation account enabled.
- You have created a Kiosk profile in your WhosOnLocation account with a unique username, password and PIN number for the kiosk.
- You have downloaded WolKiosk from the Apple Store onto the iPad.
There are 2 steps to linking your Receptionist’s PC to the Printer you have installed and setting up the Kiosks:
- Download the Meadco Script, our automated printing tool, on to the receptionist PC, and
- Create the kiosk profiles for both the PC and the iPad.
Each step should only take you a couple of minutes.
- In this step we need you to download the Meadco Scriptx.
- Scriptx is a tool enables Badge Passes to be automatically printed from WhosOnLocation without the need for the Receptionist to select a printer each time they print a badge.
- You must be an administrator of the receptionist’s PC to install the Meadco Scriptx file.
- While on the receptionist’s PC open the Internet Explorer browser in Desktop mode (not tile mode) and go to the login screen of WhosOnLocation. You’ll know the browser is opened in Desktop mode because the browser address bar is at the top of the screen, and not the footer.
- Login to the WhosOnLocation Account using the receptionist’s username and password.
- From the Homescreen of the Receptionist’s account select Helpdesk from the upper toolbar and then select Advanced Printing Options.
- You will be prompted to install the Meadco Script plugin.
- Select Click Here to initialize the plugin install for Internet Explorer
- There may be a delay of a few seconds and you may need to confirm you wish to install the ScriptX. Once this window appears click ‘Install’
- The install will start in the background and once completed you will be presented with a confirmation window where you select the close this window link
- This will return you to the main Home screen of WhosOnLocation.
- Close down Internet Explorer (there is no need to log off)
- That completes Step 1. Now let’s go straight into Step 2
- You have already created a kiosk profile, however you should follow these steps as you need to create two kiosk profiles in the account. The first kiosk, name iPad Kiosk. Make sure the 'type' is set to iPad. Turn Enable Kiosk Print Sharing to No - box is not ticked. Complete the remaining kiosk fields and remember to note the Username, Password and PIN. Save and Close. The second kiosk, name PC Kiosk. Make sure the 'type' is set to Standard PC with Keyboard and Mouse. Turn Enable Kiosk Print Sharing to Yes - box is ticked. Complete the remaining kiosk fields and remember to note the Username, Password and PIN.
- On your PC, go to the login screen and login using your PC Kiosk credentials. This browser must always remain open for this printing configuration to work. Simply minimize this screen, or open up a new tab to continue using that browser.
- On your iPad, open the WolKiosk app.
- Enter the Kiosk’s username and password into the app.
- From the Kiosk homescreen select the blue Settings icon in the upper right of the screen and select Kiosk Settings.
- You will be prompted to enter the PIN number for this kiosk, then select Continue
- A window will appear. Set Print Visitor Passes this session? To Yes.
- Print Sharing Enabled should be set to Kiosk PC.
- Select Enter Kiosk
- To test the set up sign in a visitor on the iPad.
- When a visitor signs in with the iPad, a spinning wheel appear on the PC Kiosk as this is printing the pass to the Dymo.