Dymo 450 and TEMPbadge BP4 printers are not iOS AirPrint compatible and must be connected by USB. If you have either of these printers and are using an iPad, you'll need to set up your kiosk to print through a computer that's connected to the printer.
Before you start
Before you start, make sure you have:
- Created a badge pass template
- Installed your printer on your Receptionist’s PC
- Added two sign in/out kiosks in WhosOnLocation - an iPad kiosk and a desktop PC kiosk
- Logged into your desktop kiosk on your receptionist's PC and kept the browser open
- Installed WolKiosk on your iPad and logged into the kiosk
Set up your kiosk
Step 1: Update your kiosk settings in WhosOnLocation
Check that your print sharing settings have been configured as follows:
- Go to Locations, then select your location from the drop-down menu.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks.
- Click View next to the iPad kiosk.
- Click on the Printing tab, then clear the checkbox next to Enable Kiosk Print Sharing.
- Click Save.
- Click View next to the desktop kiosk.
- Click on the Printing tab, then select the checkbox next to Enable Kiosk Print Sharing.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Update your settings on your iPad
- On your iPad, open the WolKiosk app.
- Click the menu icon on the top right corner, then select Kiosk Settings.
- Enter the PIN for this kiosk, then click Continue
- Select Yes next to Print Badge Passes?.
- Select the desktop kiosk in the Print to a Shared Printer field.
- Click Return to Kiosk.
To test the set up, sign in a visitor on the iPad. A spinning wheel will appear on the PC kiosk as it is printing the pass on the Dymo printer.