How basic questions work
Most questions have options for:
- Activate – enables the question.
- Required – question cannot be skipped during the sign-in process.
- Host notification – includes the answer in the host’s arrival notification email.
Options that do not have these are settings include:
- Token options - there are several options here for the various questions you can ask when a contractor signs in with a token.
And these settings are either enabled or disabled only:
- Bypass summary screen
- Host confirmation
- Disable host remembrance
Some questions will prompt further options to be configured. Details on these are included below.
Once activated, click on the advanced options arrow to manage where they are activated and required including:
- Kiosk – applies by default to all new kiosks. You can customize what questions are asked at specific kiosks using the kiosk question rules.
- Sign In/Out Manager – applies when signing contractors in through the Sign In/Out Manager.
- OnLocation Mobile – applies to contractors signing in through the OnLocation Mobile app. If required, contractors will not be able to sign in automatically.
Access contractor basic questions
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Sign In/Out Questions.
- Select the Contractors tab.
- Click on one of the sub-tabs:
Visit Options - get more details around each visit
- Host Selection - Activating will ask the contractor if they are visiting someone today. If yes, the next question will ask them to enter their host’s name. Selecting ‘Required’ will skip straight to entering the host’s name. Host Selection is activated by default when creating a new location.
- Area/Zone Selection – The options displayed will be the zones connected to the selected access point. If there’s only one connecting zone, this question will be skipped.
- Area/Zone Selection Other – The contractor can select ‘other’ to enter their answer in a free text field. This is treated as part of ‘Any Zone’ in kiosk question rules.
Health and Safety - identify who needs assistance in an emergency
- Evacuation Assistance - Asks if help would be needed in an evacuation.
- Expected Duration On-site - The answer can be used as a trigger to send a notification if someone is past their expected finish time.
- Working Alone - Identifies who will be working at risk.
- Safety Operator - The contractor can select a person to be their safety operator. You’ll need to have tagged employees and/or contractors with the 'Safety Operator' role to use this.
New Zealand only
If the NZ Vaccine Pass integration has been enabled for this location, you'll see additional settings in this tab:
- Vaccine Pass - asks the contractor to verify their vaccine pass during sign.
- Frequency - choose how often the contractor will need to verify their pass.
- Retention Policy - choose how long to store the verification record in OnLocation.
- Capture Vaccine Pass Data - this field shows if you choose to retain information, select the types of vaccine pass data to include in your reports.
- Privacy Statement - display a disclaimer on the kiosk and in Sign In/Out Manager.
- Vaccine Pass Disclaimer - update the default disclaimer text.
Contractor Cards - issue one-off contractor cards
Similar to a badge pass, these cards allow you to record card numbers against a contractor's profile. On sign out, the contractor is reminded to return the card.
The card number can also be used to sign the contractor out, instead of entering their name. If the card number is printed as a QR or Barcode, they can simply scan the card at the kiosk to sign out.
- ID Card Number - the Sign In/Out manager is prompted to enter the card number issued to a contractor.
- Self Register - allows a contractor to enter their own card number when signing in on the kiosk.
Photo Capture - add a photo to a contractor's sign in record
- Photo Capture - Photo capture will always be required when signing in through a kiosk. The Required setting is only optional when using Sign In/Out Manager.
- Photo Capture Frequency - How often a photo of a contractor should be taken.
- Photo Retention Policy - How long a contractor's photo is to be stored on our servers.
- Privacy Statement - This will display a disclaimer statement below the photo capture field. Automatically applies to all kiosks in a location with Photo Capture enabled.
- Bypass Summary Screen - Skip the screen that confirms the contractor's answers when signing in at the kiosk.
- Purpose of Visit - You can customize the options in this list using the Manage Options button.
- Car Parking - Check if the contractor is parked in your car park. Enabling this provides further options to request more details.
- Vehicle Registration Number or Make/Model of Vehicle - Capture the vehicle details.
- Vehicle Parking Space Number - Helps to track where contractors are parked.
Token Options - manage settings for signing in with a token
This tab will only be visible if you have activated the Identity Manager add-on.
- Do Not present any questions. Simple Tag on, Tag off - If this option is selected, you will also have the option of enabling Quick Scan (see below).
- Quick Scan Tokens and Background Sync - This only appears if the above option is enabled. This setting speeds up sign-in by switching your kiosk into a background sync mode, gradually sending information to OnLocation instead of syncing before allowing the next person to scan in/out.
If Quick Scan mode is enabled your sign in/out data may be slightly delayed as the information is being synced with OnLocation.
- Present Basic Questions - Displays basic questions that have been enabled for contractors.
- Present Custom Questionnaires - Displays custom questionnaires that have been activated on the kiosk for contractors.
- Present Acknowledgment Notices - Displays any Acknowledgment Notices created for contractors.
- Present Welcome Greeting - This will display the welcome greeting enabled on the kiosk for contractors.
- Print Pass - Will print a badge pass for the contractor if one is enabled.
- Token Self Register - allows contractors to register their own token to use when signing in and out from the kiosk, e,g their driver’s licence.
Alcolizer - breathalyze contractors as they come on-site
You will need to have enabled the Alcolizer integration for your location to see this section.
- Include Breath Test – asks the contractor to take a breath test using the Alcolizer unit during sign in.
- Alcolizer Screen Instruction – Customize the instructions for your location to say where the unit is located, how it should be used, and/or why you require this.