How basic questions work
Most questions have options for:
- Activate – enables the question.
- Required – question cannot be skipped during the sign-in process.
- Answer share – includes the answer in the host’s arrival notification email.
Options that do not have these are settings for questions, rather than questions themselves. These include:
- Badge Pass Rules - used to set the conditions for printing an employee badge pass.
- Token options - there are several options here for the various questions you can ask when an employee signs in with a token.
And these options are either enabled or disabled only:
- Photo Capture
- Bypass summary screen
Some questions will prompt further options to be configured. Details on these are included below.
Once activated, click on the advanced options arrow to manage where they are activated and required including:
- Kiosk – applies by default to all new kiosks. You can customize what questions are asked at specific kiosks using the Kiosk Question Rules.
- Sign In/Out Manager – applies when signing employees in through the Sign In/Out Manager.
- OnLocation Mobile – applies to employees signing in through the mobile app. This only displays if the mobile app is enabled.
- Remote - applies when an employee is signing in to work remotely. This only displays if you have remote working enabled at this location.
- Scheduling - these questions display when an employee is confirming their schedule on OnLocation Mobile. This only displays if the Employee Scheduling add-on is enabled.
Access basic employee questions
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Sign In/Out Questions.
- Select the Employees tab.
- Choose one of the sub-tabs:
Visit Options - get more details about each visit
- Host Selection – Activating will ask the employee if they are visiting someone today. If yes, the next question will ask them to enter their host’s name. Selecting ‘Required’ will skip straight to entering the host’s name.
- Host Selection For – Select whether you want all employees or only global roamers to select a host.
- Area/Zone Selection – The options displayed will be the zones connected to the selected access point. If there’s only one connecting zone, this question will be skipped.
- Workspace Selection - This question displays if the Desks and Spaces add-on is enabled. Employees can choose a workspace when they are signing in or confirming their schedule.
- Area/Zone Selection Other – Employees can select ‘other’ to enter their answer in a free text field. This is treated as part of ‘Any Zone’ in Kiosk Question Rules.
Health and Safety - identify who needs assistance in an emergency
- Evacuation Assistance - Asks if help would be needed in an evacuation.
- Expected Duration On-site - The answer can be used as a trigger to send a notification if someone is past their expected finish time.
- Working Alone - Identifies who will be working at risk.
- Safety Operator - Employees can select a person to be their safety operator. You’ll need to have tagged employees and/or contractors with the 'Safety Operator' role to use this.
New Zealand only
If the NZ Vaccine Pass integration has been enabled for this location, you'll see additional settings in this tab:
- Vaccine Pass - asks the employee to verify their vaccine pass during sign in.
- Frequency - choose how often the employee will need to verify their pass.
- Retention Policy - choose how long to store the verification record in OnLocation.
- Capture Vaccine Pass Data - this field shows if you choose to retain information, select the types of vaccine pass data to include in your reports.
- Privacy Statement - display a disclaimer on the kiosk and in Sign In/Out Manager.
- Vaccine Pass Disclaimer - update the default disclaimer text.
Photo Capture - add a photo to an employee's sign in record
- Photo Capture - Activate to take an employee's photo when they sign in.
- Photo Capture Frequency - How often a photo of an employee should be taken.
- Photo Retention Policy - How long an employee's photo is to be stored on our servers.
- Privacy Statement - This will display a disclaimer statement below the photo capture field. Automatically applies to all Kiosks in a location with Photo Capture enabled.
Token Options - manage settings for signing in with a token
This section will only be visible if you have activated the Identity Manager add-on.
- Do Not present any questions. Simple Tag on, Tag off - If this option is selected, you will also have the option of enabling Quick Scan (see below).
- Quick Scan Tokens and Background Sync - This only appears if the above option is enabled. This setting speeds up sign-in by switching your kiosk into a background sync mode, gradually sending information to OnLocation instead of syncing before allowing the next person to scan in/out.
If quick scan mode is enabled your sign in/out data may be slightly delayed as the information is being synced with OnLocation.
- Present Basic Questions - Displays basic questions that have been enabled for employees.
- Present Custom Questionnaires - Displays custom questionnaires that have been activated on the Kiosk for employees.
- Present Acknowledgment Notices - Displays any acknowledgment notices created for employees.
Badge Pass Rules - manage settings on when a pass will print
You must have an Employee Badge Pass Template created in your account to use this section.
Learn how to set up rules for badge passes.
Alcolizer - breathalyze employees as they come on-site
You will need to have enabled the Alcolizer integration for your location to see this section.
- Include Breath Test – asks the employee to take a breath test using the Aloclizer unit during sign in.
- Alcolizer Screen Instruction – Customize the instructions for your location to say where the unit is located, how it should be used, and/or why you require this.
Bypass Summary Screen - Skip the screen that confirms the employee's answers when signing in at the kiosk.