How it works
eLearning courses are created in OnLocation using the induction builder feature. Invitations to sit courses are sent to employees and/or contractors by email or SMS and are typically completed online before coming on-site.
When creating a course, you can set the audience to be specific to selected role types, departments, and/or locations. This means you can create courses with details specific to different roles or locations within your organization. You can also choose to send course invitations automatically.
Typical setups require anyone in a course’s audience to have passed a course before they can sign in. To narrow a course audience, you can set up custom organization groups or member/employee roles and assign these based on the courses required.
Set up an eLearning course
To create an eLearning course, follow these steps:
- Assign the employee who will be building the eLearning course the Inductions Manager user role.
- Create an eLearning induction course, this includes setting who the course is for, whether to send the invite automatically, how many attempts they have to pass, and if entry is denied when the course expires.
- (Optional) Add course assets to OnLocation, including any videos, images, or documents. This is useful if you intend to share assets across several courses.
- Put together the course using the induction course builder.
- Invite your learners to take the course.