How it works
If you use Induction Management in OnLocation, you can add induction courses that have been created using SCORM.
To add a course, you’ll need to set up the integration with SCORM Cloud. This is a hosting platform that enables you to share your course with OnLocation.
SCORM courses are created in an authoring tool, hosted in SCORM Cloud, then shared with OnLocation. You can then invite your learners (employees and/or contractors) to complete the course online or on an induction kiosk located on-site.
SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) is a set of standards used for online learning systems. Content is created using technical specifications that can be used across different learning management systems (LMS). This allows you to create an induction course that includes a range of content and media types.
To produce a course using SCORM, you’ll need an authoring tool. Options include:
For a wider list of software, check G2.
Learn more about the technical requirements for creating a SCORM course on SCORM.com.
What you need
To add a SCORM induction course in OnLocation, you’ll need:
- An authoring tool to create your SCORM course
- A paid SCORM Cloud account to host your SCORM course
- Induction Manager add-on enabled in OnLocation
- The Induction Manager user role in OnLocation
- SCORM Cloud integration enabled in OnLocation
Set up process
To add a SCORM induction course to OnLocation, complete the following:
- Create your SCORM course in your authoring tool
- Set up your SCORM Cloud account and upload your course
- Enable the SCORM Cloud integration in OnLocation
- Add the SCORM induction course in OnLocation