Find out how to set up your SCORM Cloud account and upload your course in SCORM Cloud. You must complete these steps before you can enable the integration and add the induction course in WhosOnLocation.
How it works
To use the SCORM Cloud integration, you’ll need to complete the following:
- Sign up for a paid SCORM Cloud account. Make sure you have an account type that has enough monthly registrations for your organization. Each time a course is launched, this counts as one registration.
- Created an induction course in a separate authoring tool. SCORM Cloud is a hosting tool, you can only upload courses, you can’t create them.
- Your course must be in a ZIP file to upload it into SCORM Cloud. You also need to make sure it contains the imsmanifest.xml file which describes the course contents.
If you have any questions about your SCORM Cloud account or need help uploading a course:
If you already have a SCORM Cloud account and have previously uploaded a course, skip this process and use your existing app ID and secret key to set up the integration with WhosOnLocation.
Set up the connection with WhosOnLocation
- Sign up for a paid SCORM Cloud account, or log in using your existing account.
- Click Apps/API.
- Click Add Application.
- Enter WhosOnLocation, then click Save.
- Click Details.
- Make a copy of the App ID and Secret Key. You will add these in WhosOnLocation shortly.
Upload the induction course
- Click Add Content in the top right corner.
- Select Import a SCORM, AICC, xAPI or cmi5 package.
- Under Import to a specific App, select WhosOnLocation.
- Click Browse, then select the SCORM course ZIP file from your computer.
- Click Import Course.
- The course will begin the upload process. Once complete, return to WhosOnLocation.
Next step: Set up the SCORM Cloud integration in WhosOnLocation.