There are two different ways to add a contractor organization, one at a time manually, or in bulk via CSV import. If you are only adding one or two organizations, it can be beneficial to do so manually. When adding an organization manually you can also add extra details that would need to be added separately from a CSV import.
If you need to record information that is not included in the default fields for organizations, add custom fields in Contractor Manager before adding new organizations.
Add a contractor organization
The only required information in the default organization fields are Organization Name, Trading As Name, and Status of Account. If you've added mandatory custom fields, you'll also need to complete this information. We recommend entering as much information as possible to keep detailed records.
To add a contractor organization:
- Go to Tools > Contractor Manager.
- Click Add Organizations.
- Click Manually.
Organization profile information
Complete the default profile information fields:
- Contractor Type – The legal entity type that this organization is registered as.
- Organization Name – The legal name of the organization.
- Trading As – The trading name of the organization if different from the legal name. If the trading and legal names are the same the trading name will be automatically added.
- Legal ID – The legal ID number of the organization e.g. GST, VAT, Business number, etc.
- Legal ID Type – The type of the legal ID number above.
- Phone Number – The contact phone number for the organization.
- Email Address – The main contact email of the organization.
- Physical Address – The main physical address at which the organization is located.
- Country – The country the organization is from.
- Status of Account – The status of the organization in MRI OnLocation. You can choose between Pending, Active, Inactive, and On-Hold.
- Organization Owner – The person who manages the relationship with this contractor organization.
If your organization uses custom fields, you may have extra fields complete and tabs to click through.
Click Save & Manage Groups, or if you have added a new tab, click Next to complete the fields in that tab.
Categories & groups
Select any categories and groups you want the organization to belong to, then click Save & Manage Location Permissions.
Select any locations the organization can access to Authorized or Temporary. If temporary, enter the date range they have access for.
Internal user access groups
(Optional) Select Internal User Access Groups from the left-hand menu, then select Yes next to any user access groups the organization belongs in. Click Save.
(Optional) Select Contracts from the left-hand menu, then add any contracts the organization has with your company. Click Save and Close.
(Optional) Select Insurances from the left-hand menu, then add any insurance policies for the organization. Click Save and Next, then check the notification settings and recipients, and add any documents.
Select Members from the left-hand menu, then click Add Members for the organization.
When adding members during the organization setup, you can only enter the members' profile information. Any other information will need to be added separately. Check out the Add a contractor member Help Center article for more details.
(Optional) Select Notes from the left-hand menu, then add any notes for the organization. Click Save.
When you're finished, click Back to Organizations List to exit the organization's profile.
You can edit the information for your organizations at any time by clicking on the View button next to the organization in the organization list or in bulk via CSV import.