How to manage assets
OnLocation’s asset management add-on makes it easy for organizations to manage an inventory of assets and takes the hassle away from tracking where those assets are and who is responsible for them. Assets can include:
- Temporary access control cards
- Keys to doors
- Keys to vehicles
- Safety equipment and PPE gear
The asset management add-on is not an accounting asset management tool. It does not manage depreciation or any other accounting elements. It makes it easier to manage your asset inventory and record where those assets are. You can:
- Create asset groups and types.
- Create an unlimited number of assets.
- Associate a unique ID to an asset like a barcode or RFID.
- Assign those assets to a Home Location.
- Allow nominated users to issue assets and record returns.
- Record when it is due back.
- Run reports on the historical movements of any asset.
- Assign an asset to a fixed geolocation (latitude and longitude).
- Display assets with an assigned geolocation on the geolocation report.
- Overlay any combination of assets, employees, contractors, or vehicles on the geolocation report.
Get started using asset management
Asset Management is an add-on and must be activated by the Account Owner before use.
To activate the add-on:
- Go to Tools > Account
- Select Add-on Management from the menu on the left.
- Select Yes next to asset management
- Click Save.
Once the add-on is enabled, you can: