Add a QR code poster
The setup process for a QR code poster is largely the same as a sign in/out kiosk. You can choose who can use the kiosk, configure arrival notifications, set up badge pass printing, set up any custom questions, and more. The only major difference is the poster layout and mobile sign in settings.
If you need to print badges and you’re going to display the poster at an entry point away from a printer, you may like to set up a welcome greeting directing guests to the reception to collect their badge.
Once set up, you can download the full formatted poster using WhosOnLocation's template, or if you'd like to use your own custom design, just download the QR code.
Fore more information on how QR code posters work, check this Help Center article.
1. Add a new kiosk
To create your poster, first add your kiosk:
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to the location.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks from the menu on the left side.
- Click Create a New Kiosk.
- Enter your kiosk name.
- Select the access point.
- Select QR code poster as the kiosk device.
- (Optional) Select the employee list privacy settings.
- Click Next.
Find out more about how to enter the kiosk settings.
2. Customize the kiosk settings
Choose the settings for the kiosk. Some settings might not be required for your location.
To update your kiosk:
- Set up who can use the QR code poster in the kiosk's Mode tab, then click Next.
- Choose the kiosk printing settings. If you need to print badge passes, select the checkbox next to Badge Pass Printing and choose another kiosk with print sharing enabled. Click Next.
- Configure the deliveries settings (if selected in the kiosk Mode tab). Click Next.
- Set up kiosk notifications, then click Next.
- Create question rules, then click Next.
- Click Save.
3. Customize the poster and mobile sign in layout
Once you’ve saved the kiosk settings, you can then set up the layout for the poster and mobile sign in.
To customize the layout:
- Select the Layout tab.
- In the Poster tab, enter the organization name. Note that if you add a logo, this field won't display.
- (Optional) Edit the poster instructions. You can update the first paragraph next to step one.
- Click on the accent color to change it. Select a color, then click choose. This color is used for the poster’s headline, instruction numbering, and footer.
- (Optional) Click Upload Logo. You can upload a JPG, GIF, or PNG file, images must be at least 200 x 100 pixels and no larger than 3000 x 3000 pixels.
- Click Save.
- Click Print, then select Print poster. A PDF of the poster will download to your computer.
- Select the Mobile Sign In tab.
- Choose the theme, and complete the other layout and color settings.
- Click Save and Close.
- Click Save & Close.
Learn more about the full range of kiosk layout settings.
Set up a QR code poster for an inter-zone
If your location has zones set up, QR code posters are an easy touchless option for reporting on anyone moving between zones.
To create a poster for each zone, follow the steps above to create a new sign in/out kiosk. In the settings tab, make sure you:
- Choose the zone under Access Point.
- Select QR code poster as the device type.
Learn more about how to set up an inter-zone kiosk.