From time to time there may be a need to issue a notice informing people of a specific new hazard that has just occurred, or an event that is happening today or tomorrow.
It may only affect people on-site for that day, the next 48 hours, or longer but either way the hazard or event is only temporary. You may also need to track if people acknowledged their understanding of the notice, or provided extra information, for audit purposes.
What is an Acknowledgment Notice
Acknowledgement Notices can be created and presented to people as they sign into or out of your organization’s locations.
Some key elements of Acknowledgement Notices are:
- They are targeted to a specified audience
- Have an expiry date (a published period)
- Have their 'acknowledgements' recorded for auditing
- Can be shown on sign in or sign out once or every time
- Can require a response from the audience
Examples of An Acknowledgement Notice when people are signing in or out:
- Informing people of a 'hazard'
- Informing people of a planned event to occur that day on-site
- Informing people of a change in a 'condition' on-site
- Requesting information about ‘hazards’ from the day
While the Visitor Questionnaire and the Welcome Greeting tend to be static elements of your visitor policy in that you would not often change them. You can, and many users do change their Welcome Greeting from time to time, but it is more common for these elements to remain static for months and sometimes years.
The Acknowledgment Notice is dynamic. It’s a “hey you need to know this for today” type message that only applies for a ‘set period’ – Acknowledgment Notices compliment your Welcome Greeting and/or your Questionnaire.
Depending on the Audience, Publish and Archive date, and Frequency settings then the Acknowledgement Notice is displayed:
- To Sign In/Out Managers whenever they sign in a person during the Published Period. The Sign In/Out Manager reads the Notice to the person and selects Acknowledged to record the fact the person accepted the notice.
- To Service Providers, Employees, and/or Visitors as they sign in on a Kiosk.
- On the WolMobile app when the user signs-in.
Question: How are Notice ID’s generated?
Answer: Notice ID’s are incrementally created by the system starting at ‘1’ for each Customer Account.
Question: Can a location have more than one currently published Acknowledgement Notice.
Answer: Yes, you can have as many acknowledgement notices as you want at any time.
Question: Can An Acknowledgement Notice be published across multiple locations.
Answer: No, each Notice must be created at the location level.
Question: If a person is presented with one or many Acknowledgement Notices do they acknowledge each one individually or all as a group of Notices?
Answer: Individually. So that there is a clear audit record for each Acknowledgement Notice.
Question: When an Acknowledgement Notice is ‘acknowledged’ by a person, are they presented with that same Acknowledgement Notice every time they sign in.
Answer: This depends on the Frequency Setting for the specific Notice.
Question: Can you ‘un-publish’ and/or ‘edit’ a published Acknowledgement Notice.
Answer: Yes, you can edit a Notice and simply change the Publish Date. You can also Delete a Notice and the following rules will apply:
1) If the Notice has never been acknowledged by a person on sign-in it will be deleted.
2) If the Notice has 1 or more acknowledgements it will be archived instead of being deleted.
Question: What happens if change the Publish Date after a notice has already been acknowledged to a later date?
Answer: The system stores any captured acknowledgements for reporting and then auto-creates a new, cloned Notice with a different Publish Date and new Notice ID.
Question: Is there a record of who acknowledged the Acknowledgement Notice so that we can run reports on whether or not a person accepted that they understood the Acknowledgement Notice?
Answer: Yes, this is included in the person’s record in the People Presence Report.