Create an account
- If you haven't already, sign up for a free trial.
- Open the email from WhosOnLocation and click Activate Now.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click Start Setup Now.
Set up your first location
A location is the physical premises where you need to manage the presence of people like visitors, contractors and employees.
Add the details for the location:
- Add the location name. This is name that your organization uses when referring to the location, e.g. head office, call center.
- Select the country it is located in.
- Enter the physical address.
- Enter the postcode or ZIP code. This is a series of letters and/or digits appended to a postal address to sort mail.
- Enter the main contact phone number.
- Select the time zone. The time is recorded for a lot of activities in WhosOnLocation so setting the correct time zone is essential for accurate record keeping.
- Choose a date format: mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy.
- Choose a time format: 24 hour or AM/PM format.
- Select a primary function. This field is used by WhosOnLocation to gain a greater understanding of where our service is being used. If this location serves multiple functions select Mixed Functions.
- (Optional) Add any location-specific information.
- Click Save and Next.
Set up your color theme and email signature
Set up the theme color for your account and set up an email signature:
- In the Theme Color tab, click on the color.
- Use the color picker or enter a HEX code, then click Choose.
- Select the Email Signature tab.
- Type your email signature in the field provided and use the text tools at the top of the field to customize it.
- Click Preview Email to see what your signature will look like in a visitor notification.
- Click Save & Next.
Provide some information about your organization
- Select an industry.
- Select the number of employees.
- Choose the WhosOnLocation features that you're interested in using.
- Click Save & Next.
- Click Start using WhosOnLocation.
- Update your subscription options, then click Save Subscription Options.
Start setting up the features that you'll use in your location, you might like to:
- Turn on add-ons
- Add employees
- Assign user roles
- Set up a sign in/out kiosk
- Add a custom questionnaire
- Add triggers
- Set up WolMobile
- Move from a trial to a paid subscription
The WhosOnLocation Help Center provides articles on all of WhosOnLocations's features and settings. You can access the Help Center either from the application or at https://helpdesk.whosonlocation.com/.
To access it from the app:
- Go to Help > Quick Search Help.
- Enter a search term.
- Click on a search result to view the article.
After searching, if you can't find what you are looking for, submit a request to our customer support team. Our customer support team is 24/7 and will help you get up and running.