Step 1: Manage employees
Employees are linked to a location in OnLocation. Each employee has a home location and can be given global roaming permission so they can sign in at other locations in your organization.
There are three ways to add employees:
- Add them manually one at a time
- Upload multiple employees using a CSV template
- Set up the SyncPortal integration to manage your employee list. You may need your IT team’s assistance to do this.
Once you’ve added your employees, assign user roles to any employees that need access to a OnLocation.
Step 2: Register people movement with kiosks and Sign In/Out Manager
Set up kiosks so visitors, employees, contractors, or delivery agents can sign in/out independently. There is a range of hardware options for kiosks, plus you can enable touchless functionality. Add your company branding, choose who can use the kiosks, and set up notifications and sign-in questions.
Sign In/Out Manager is a tool your front-of-house staff can use to sign people in or out. Choose which questions should display in Sign In/Out Manager, configure panic alarm notifications and delivery settings.
Step 3: Ask questions during sign-in/out
There are two types of sign-in/out questions in OnLocation:
- Basic questions come preloaded in your account. You can choose which questions to activate and where to show them.
- Custom questions are created by your organization. Create a questionnaire that contains a series of questions. Choose the audience, frequency, and where the questionnaire should display. To share a questionnaire across multiple locations, use Global Sign In/Out Questions.
Step 4: Pre-register and screen visitors
Employees with access to OnLocation can pre-register visitors to meet with themselves or colleagues. Visitor pre-registration ensures that you maintain oversight of who is coming on-site.
Visitor pre-registration features include:
- Set up questionnaire invitations so visitors answer a questionnaire before coming on-site.
- Add a pre-screening questionnaire so you have the information you need to approve their visit.
- Set up the calendar invites integration to simplify the invite process.
Step 5: Access organization-wide reporting
Reporting in OnLocation includes the people presence data across your whole organization. Check who has signed in, how they answer the sign-in questions, view a summary of notifications, and more. Assign the Reports Manager user role to an employee so they can access reporting.
Key reports include:
You can also set up a dashboard to display a snapshot of who’s on-site and who’s due to arrive.